The campfire isn’t just for roasting marshmallows or flipping burgers anymore. It’s also a great time for the adults to relax and have some fun with the best campfire drinking games around. These are a great way to cure the boredom of singing the same old campfire songs.
1. Beer Pong: The infamous college drinking game that made its way to the wood burning fire pit. Items needed are beer, a long table, sleeves of plastic cups, and ping pong balls. Place ten cups filled half-way with beer and arranged in bowling pin style at both ends of the table. Each team or person is to stand at opposite ends of the table and make the ping pong ball into the opponent’s cups. If this happens, the opponent has to drink. If neither team or person makes it, reset and start again. The game is played until one team has consumed all the beverage in every cup.
2. Cornhole: A new game using the classic bean bag. Items needed are beer or alcoholic beverage, two groupings of four like-colored bean bags, and two long wooden platforms that are raised slightly at one end with a hole just large enough for the bean bag. If a team or person makes a bean bag into the opponent’s hole the opponent has to drink. The rules can be altered to include knocking your opponent’s beanbag off the board or into the hole.
3. Polish Horseshoes: This is a very challenging game, especially if you are already a little tipsy. Items needed are beer, two poles, empty beer bottles and a frisbee. Set the poles in the ground at opposite ends of the playing area and carefully balance the empty beer bottles on top. If a team knocks the bottle off the opposing side, the opponents have to drink. If one team saves a bottle from hitting the ground the opponents also have to drink.
4. Dizzy Bat: A relay game that’s very entertaining to watch as well as participate. Items you will need are beer or alcoholic beverage and a bat. Each person has to chug their drink and rotate ten times with one bat end to the ground and the other end to their forehead. Run to the opposite end of your playing area and back then tagging your teammate to do the same thing. The first team to complete the relay are the winners.
5. The Alphabet Game: A great game to bone up on the alphabet and get a little drunk. All you need is beer or an alcoholic beverage. Players will sit in a circle around the wood burning fire pit and determine a theme. For example, if the theme is cities then a player will say a city that starts with an “A” and so on down the alphabet. But, the next player in the circle has to remember all the cities from the prior players and add his own. The first player to forget a city or loses their place has to drink.
6. I Went On A Picnic: The same rules apply as The Alphabet Game, only the player says the phrase, “I went on a picnic and I brought an item”. The item would correlate with the next letter of the alphabet. The next player would have to remember all the items the previous players brought to the picnic and add his own to the list. The first one to forget the list has to drink.
7. I Never: This game is built on honesty and might be a little embarrassing. Items needed are beer or an alcoholic beverage and trust. One person says an “I Never” statement. For example, I’ve never swum naked. The people who’ve swum naked need to drink. Set a determined amount of rounds.
8. Drinko: A game played like the famous Plinko. Items needed are five different drinks. Out of these drinks, two of them need to be a little gross and three of them can be delicious alcoholic beverages or beer, a slanted wooden board with a staggered peg system, ping pong balls, and a table. Line the five drinks down at the bottom of the board and the player drops the ping pong ball from the top of the board and down through the pegs. Whatever drink it lands in at the bottom is what the player chugs.
9. Cup Swap: You have to have a steady hand in this game. Items needed are beer or an alcoholic beverage, plastic teaspoons, and a sleeve of plastic cups. Players will get two cups and one teaspoon. One cup will be empty and one filled with beer or alcoholic beverage. They’ll have one minute to spoon as much as they can out of the full cup and into the empty cup. What is left in the first cup with the beverage will have to be chugged at the end of the minute.
10. Sip, Sip, Shot: A game that’s a take on the original Duck, Duck, Goose. Items needed are some insane campers and plenty of alcohol. Just sit in a circle around the campfire and let the fun begin!