There may be many reasons that you may be looking for a wall mounted electric fireplace.
Perhaps you would like to give your room a new look and feel by adding a centerpiece to the décor?
Or, perhaps you would like to reduce your heating bills by adding a space heater to the room where you spend the most time instead of heating the entire house?
You may even just think that electric fireplaces are really cool and would be a perfect addition to your home.
Whatever your reason is for purchasing an electric wall mounted fireplace, it is always in your best interest to learn about the available products before making your purchase. Reviewing the different electric fireplaces will allow you to purchase the right heater for your needs.
Our #1 Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace: R. W. Flame 50″
This Electric Home has checked the newest wall mount electric fireplaces on the market and have come to the conclusion that the R.W. Flame 50” is the best of the best. This wall heater can recess into the wall for a flush mounting, and it has a beautiful flame effect and produces enough heat to warm 400 square feet. The electric fireplace has additional benefits as well.
This Electric Home carefully reviews all products before making a recommendation. We look at the construction of the product, the appearance of the product and versatility. We review whether or not the product is easy to use, has energy-saving qualities, and performs like the manufacturer states it will. We also look at how easy it is to install in the home or if it will need professional installation. As a final check, we also research if there were any problems with the product in the past.
- Fireplace is easy to install in your home or at the office
- LED “flames” have five color and brightness settings and can flicker at different rates for a more natural flame appearance
- Has a safety switch built in to prevent overheating of the device
- Two heat settings for maximum comfort
The R.W. Flame is our top pick for wall mounted electric fireplaces. The fireplace has a solid construction and a very sleek appearance. The black finish will complement nearly any décor, and the black screen helps the lights of the fireplace stay muted for a peaceful glow.
The flames can be adjusted for brightness, size, and motion. The LED lights help keep power consumption low with this fireplace, even if you are not using the power save setting. A safety switch automatically turns off the device if it overheats for safety. A final benefit that we enjoyed is the balanced humidity in the area the fireplace is heating. Since the fireplace uses infrared heat, the air does not become overly dry.
Our Choices for Runners-Up
We reviewed several different products prior to writing our opinions in this article. We found that the following three electric fireplaces were very good contenders for first place and have designated them our “runners-up.” These electric wall-mounted fireplaces have almost as many benefits as the R.W. Flame 50″ and may even be better suited for some people due to space restrictions or appearance preferences. They are certainly worth checking out as well.
The Touchstone Sideline 50” was a very close second in our choice for best wall mounted electric fireplace – and if you visit our homepage you’ll see that it’s our #1 recommendation for the best electric fireplace overall. This model offers many of the same features of the R. W. Flame Fireplace in terms of size adjustable flame brightness, color and movement, and heating area. It is an attractive piece and it is known to be very well constructed.
- Comes with faux logs and crystals for a more natural fire appearance
- Has two heat settings for optimal comfort
- Has a timer so that the device can shut off automatically
- Does not have an overheating safety feature
- Flames do not seem as bright or focused as other fireplaces
X-Beauty 50” Wall Mounted Fireplace
The X-Beauty 50” wall mounted fireplace was another one of our favorite models. This fireplace can be recessed, partially recessed or mounted to the wall. It produces a multi-color flame and the lights on the bottom of the faux fire are set perfectly to flicker like real embers. The fireplace heats a room up to 400 square feet and has two settings for heating comfort.
- Solid construction with a larger glass area for a sleek design
- Uses LED lighting with 5 settings for different mood lighting
- Easy to install and can be hard wired or plugged into a standard wall outlet
- The viewing area of the flames is only 36 inches
- Does not have a power save mode
Touchstone Onyx Wall Mounted Fireplace
The Touchstone Onyx is a very beautiful fireplace that has a realistic appearance. The fireplace area contains faux logs that give a true appearance of fire. The LED lighting can be adjusted for color, size of flame and brightness. The fireplace heats an area of 400 square feet. The overall construction of the fireplace is solid. Our only drawback is that this is a wall mounted unit, it cannot be recessed. However, if you do not mind that it does not recess, this is a very good unit and performs as the manufacturer states.
- Beautiful exterior that will compliment any décor
- Faux logs give fire a realistic appearance
- Use of LED lights saves energy and makes it safe for children and pets to touch
- This is a wall mount only unit – it cannot be recessed.