Many people spend a good amount of time in their garage. They’re not just for parking and working on vehicles. A garage can be used as a workshop, a home gym or an extra room. Regardless of what you use the space for, having a good heat source is a necessity.
Your garage may be small, but it’s not usually as well insulated as the rest of your home. They don’t often get access to central-heating systems. For these reasons, a powerful but compact heater is needed to provide warmth. The ProFusion EH-4604B Garage Heater can fill this role nicely.
ProFusion EH-4604B Features
More than one heat setting
The ProFusion EH-4604B has two different heat settings. It can be set at 7,500 watts or 6,250 watts with 31.3 amps. The 7,500 watt setting cranks out 26,000 BTUs while the 6,250 watt setting produces 21,331 BTUs. This gives you more control over the power usage so the heater runs efficiently.
An adjustable thermostat
Not only does this garage heater have multiple heat settings, but a full thermostat gives you even more control over the heat output. You simply turn the thermostat clockwise until the power-indicator light comes on. Turn the knob counter-clockwise until it goes off once the room reaches your desired comfort level. The heater will now maintain this temperature.
High heat output
The EH-4604B offers amazing heat output for such a small unit. It can crank out up to 26,000 BTUs on its highest setting. This means heating up the garage in a hurry. You won’t have to worry about freezing until the heater finally gets that garage up to a tolerable temperature.
Heats large areas
This particular garage heater is rated for heating spaces of up to 750 square feet. A commonly recommended size for a three-car garage is 32 feet wide and 22 feet deep or 704 square feet. That makes the ProFusion EH-4604B Garage Heater more than adequate for warming up a three-car garage.
Completely enclosed motor
ProFusion has implemented a number of great design choices for the EH-4604B Garage Heater. One of them is the inclusion of a fully enclosed motor. This eliminates dust and particles from getting into the motor and wearing out parts. This is a heater that was built with longevity in mind.
The ProFusion model EH-4604B Garage Heater was designed to be mounted high up by the ceiling. This means that the heating unit will always be out of your way. You can save that precious garage space for your vehicles, tools, stored goods or whatever else you need the room for.
ProFusion built a lot of features into this unit that allow you to control the power output, heat temperature, and airflow. Numerous adjustments can be made to affect the vertical and horizontal airflow from the fan. There is also a safety lock feature to keep your settings firmly in place.
ProFusion crafted a well-engineered heater with the EH-4604B model. Safety features were not neglected. This heater has a red warning light if things get a bit too hot. It also gives you an automated cutoff feature when parts start overheating. This means that you can use the EH-4604B heater with peace of mind.
- Built to last: ProFusion uses an all-metal construction and a durable heating element in the construction of this heater. The EH-4604B is built to last and should provide a lifetime of use.
- It’s a safe heater: Safety is always a top priority when choosing any appliance. This garage heater features a warning light and cuts off automatically if it gets too hot.
- Takes up little space: This model needs to be mounted up high for optimal functionality. It’s also compact in size. It won’t rob you of precious space within your garage,
- Mounting bracket and hardware are included: The hardware and mounting bracket come right in the box for this garage heater. Nearly everything needed for installation is included for your convenience.
- Difficult installation: The ProFusion EH-4604B Garage Heater must be hardwired to a power supply. This can make installation a bit difficult and time-consuming.
- Difficult to clean: It is recommended that this heater be mounted 8 feet from the ground. That can make cleaning and maintenance tricky. You will also need to shut off the power to the unit before you begin.
Final Verdict: Is This The Garage Heater For You?
In order to decide if this heater is right for you, you will first need to figure out the size of the room you wish to use it in. As long as your space is within 750 square feet or less, the ProFusion EH-4604B Garage Heater can get the job done.
One of the most important things to know when considering the EH-4604B model is that it requires a permanent installation. If you need something portable for multiple rooms, you should really look elsewhere. This heater must be wired directly into a power supply. You will need to make sure there is an adequate electric-wire structure already in place.
This model is a safe choice if you have children or pets in your home. The mounting height ensures that small children and animals will not be able to come into contact with the heater. The overheating safety cutoff gives you some added protection as well.
For most homeowners who want to heat up the garage to a comfortable level, the ProFusion EH-4604B will be an excellent choice. It’s a powerful and well-designed unit that should last you for years to come.